In very basic terms we totally respect your personal information and will only ask you for what information we really need from you. We will look after it in the same way we would want ours looking after, keeping it secure! We will only share it with others where we need their help to enable us to deliver our service to you e.g. Our professional printing laboratory who may need your name and address to post your purchases to enable direct dispatch to you). Be assured that we will never share your information in any other circumstances – nor will we sell it on elsewhere! Here are more details –
The Data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely.
We may ask you to provide us the following data –
- First and last names
- Address and postcode
- Telephone number
- E-mail address ( This may also contain your IP address)
- We will also record a date of birth for all persons we photograph under the age of 17 and require the parent or a legal guardian to consent to photography.
Obviously being a photographic business we also create and manage images as per our contractual agreement(s).
We use the above data to:
- Enable us to deliver our service to you
- Enable us to contact you in order to provide the requested service
- Allow us to negotiate with third parties in order to provide deliverable items direct to you or on your behalf
We collect this data on the following lawful basis:
- By Consent
- To arrange or fulfil a Contract
- To meet a legal obligation other than a Contract (e.g. Tax purposes such as VAT invoices)
When you visit our website we also collect Cookies. These are small pieces of data that websites send to a user’s computer and are stored on the user’s web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information, such as what a user might have put in a shopping cart for example.
This helps us :
- Deliver our service to you
- Ensure that our website provides you with an efficient visit
- Collect statistics for Web Site Statistics and/or Marketing Purposes
Which third parties do we share Personal Data with?
We share personal data with the following third parties:
- Our Website Host (Data is transferred outside the European Economic Union)
- Our Printing and/or Framing labs (Data is not transferred outside the European Economic Union)
- Our Accountant (Data is not transferred outside the European Economic Union)
- PayPal (Data is not transferred outside the European Economic Union)
There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
Why might we share your Personal Data with the above?
We might share your data in order to:
- To enable us to deliver our service to you
- To provide account access
- To personalise your experience
- To comply with legal or contractual requirements
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) if necessary e.g. If a third party we utilise could have servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case, we will either obtain your consent or otherwise ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU’s guidelines. You can see above where we send data outside of the EEA and on what basis we do so.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We keep your data secure by following best practice, password protection and byusing Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to us online. Our data is backed up locally so no third party or cloud backup is used for this purpose.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
You have the following rights –
– the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
– the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
– the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
– the right to have your personal data erased
– the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
– the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
– the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
– rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
Whilst we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to, the duration will depend on your relationship with us and whether it is ongoing. We may keep some of your personal data for up to 7 years after our working contract with you has finished for Tax legislation purposes. After this time we will archive your photographs indefinitely along with your relevant details and consent forms, this is due to the possibility of requests for replacement images being made several years after being taken.